DVDs help architects improve safety

Discussion area for any safety issues.
andrewmalloy
Please enter the even number (3628): 9185

DVDs help architects improve safety

Post by andrewmalloy »

From Building.co.uk

Films show how to tackle health and safety issues through design
Three new health and safety DVDs have been launched to help architects and other construction professionals comply with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.

Produced by SquaredCircle, the short films cover working with roofs, refurbishment and housebuilding and show real-life project examples where designers have provided simple design solutions to achieve significant health and safety improvements.
Tony Wheel, health and safety adviser at Construction Industry Publications, said: “These DVDs challenge architects' perceptions of addressing health and safety through their design process. It also seeks to provide best practice solutions to health and safety issues in design, harnessing great ideas and hints from current architects.”

Further DVDs are planned to assist internal training in small and large design companies around the UK, with the aim of promoting understanding of health and safety and how to integrate good practice in design.

http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?sto ... newsletter
Chris Achilles

Re: DVDs help architects improve safety

Post by Chris Achilles »

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the information and also your recent case study submission on Grey Water Recycling. We had our review meeting today and it got the thumbs up from all parties and subject to a few minor mods it should be on the site soon.

Nice to hear from you again and thanks for all the original ground work you did for the DBP.

Best Regards

Chris
andrewmalloy

Re: DVDs help architects improve safety

Post by andrewmalloy »

Thanks Chris,
I am really glad to see DBP still going so strong.
I hope to contribute more as and when I can.
All the best to you all

Andrew