CDM2007

Construction, Design, Management Regulations discussion area.
cross
Site Admin

CDM2007

Post by cross »

The new CDM2007 questionnaire is now on the website.

We have an answer sheet which we are prepared to circulate.

However you must complete the questionnaire before receiving the answers.

Webmaster @ dbp
safetynut
antibot: NO
Please enter the even number (3628): 3628

Re: CDM2007

Post by safetynut »

We found the questionaire very useful indeed and have one comment regarding question 5;

"What are the criteria for determining if a project is notifiable? and what if it is a demolition project"

I am reading this as if demolition is a trigger for a notifiable project, which it is not - I think it is looking for the definition of a demolition project, is this correct.

This was queried by colleagues during a recent Q&A session using some of these questions so I thought i'd post the question here.
SIMPLE - SAFETY - SOLUTIONS
Health and Safety Consultants and CDM Advisers
cross
Site Admin

Post by cross »

Thanks for the question safetynut.

I will highlight this to our CDM team and i'm sure they'll have an answer for you before too long.

:wink:
Geraint Thomas
Please enter the even number (3628): 9185

Post by Geraint Thomas »

Please see my reply erroneously posted on the 'CDM and Designer's' thread.

"In CDM 2007 the criteria for the notification of a demolition project is the same as for any project Ie
i) if the project is expected to last more than 30 days, or ii) if the project is expected to involve work of more than 500 person days.

The question was included in this form in order to test whether knowledge has been updated from that which applied to CDM1994, where demolition projects were treated differently, in that all demolition projects were notifiable. It is our experience that whilst designers invariably have knowledge of CDM generally, some are not aware of the changes brought in by CDM2007.

This particular change to CDM2007 was controversial at the time, do you, or any of our contributors, have any views or experiences to share, now that the change has been operative for nearly two years?

Geraint Thomas on behalf of the dbp CDM Team"