Case Studies

General discussions relating to dbp.
Geraint Thomas
Please enter the even number (3628): 9185

Case Studies

Post by Geraint Thomas »

I was disconcerted to find examples of poor practice amongst the main case studies, especially as there is a dedicated section for poor practice. Experience on other technical forums has shown we should assume the readership includes students and indiscriminate aquirers of information, so disseminators have a duty to ensures demarcations are kept as clear as is possible. Only today I came accross a posting where the second half was ironic, and therefore likely to give the wrong impression to some .
Is this a case for risk assessment?
Chris Achilles

Post by Chris Achilles »

If you have any concerns about a particular case study then I will be more than happy to bring it up at the next web team meeting. Can you advise which case study you refer to?
cross
Site Admin

Post by cross »

A reason for the learning from bad practice case studies being included in the main list is that some of the case studies cross over the two boundaries, with the best practice example coming as a solution to bad practice. For this reason the case studies have all been kept to one list to reduce any duplication of information. As Chris said we can certainly discuss it at the next meeting.

Cheers

webmaster @ dbp.org.uk
Geraint Thomas

Post by Geraint Thomas »

Chris
It was the principle of including the bad practice case studies in the main section as well I was commenting on. I would say each case studies in each category should be kept well appart.
cross
Site Admin

Re: Case Studies

Post by cross »

Geraint

The learning from bad practice case studies have been moved on the forum, from the New section to the Learning from bad practice section.

The headers have been left in place with links to the new locations.

Regards

Mark

webmaster @ dbp.org.uk